Lon Burford, CFP®, AIF®
Financial Advisor and Founding Partner
There is no magic to building, managing and, ultimately protecting wealth. Too many “advisors” tell their clients that they have somehow found the “secrets” of becoming wealthy…..just listen to all of the radio ads. In reality, becoming financially independent takes hard work and discipline, beginning with the decision to engage in a purposeful process that focuses on your desired outcomes and teaches you how to take the steps that can move you towards your goals. Sometimes the process gets messy because the world just doesn’t behave in a predictable manner, and that is where many investors make their biggest mistakes…..think 2008 and how difficult it was to maintain a game plan. I believe we are a very good fit for people who want to build wealth and who understand that, like anything else worthwhile, it takes commitment on everyone’s part.
- GBB corporate retirement plans business development
- Investment management
- Financial and estate planning
- My family (Mary Ann, wife of 35 years, my children Megan and Evan)
- Golf….always in pursuit of that round in the 70’s!
- Running…several marathons under my belt and counting
- Founding Partner GBB; 36 years experience as a licensed financial advisor
- Phi Beta Kappa Honors graduate, Economics, UC Davis 1977
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®), Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Series 7 and 66 securities registrations, Registered Investment Advisor Representative
- Chair, Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento Finance Council ; Catholic Foundation
- Past Chair, Christian Brothers HS Board of Trustees; CBHS Investment Committee
- Past member, Boy Scouts of America GEC Board; Troop 1 Committee Chair
- Past President, Holy Spirit School Board; Past member parish finance council
GBB Advisors have clean regulatory records. Does yours? Click the BrokerCheck® link to find out.
*Not registered with Royal Alliance Associates, Inc. and Genovese Burford & Brothers Asset Management.