Nathan Torinus, CFP®, MBA
Financial Advisor/Chief Operating Officer
My PhilosophyOne of my two main roles at GBB is to lead our efforts to build the future of the firm. We are building that future on the bedrock values of the company and our founders. As such, we are acting to secure our standing for years to come as an independent entity that will:
- Take extraordinary care of our clients and their families;
- Provide a future that our employees can feel excited to be a part of long-term;
- Continue to be a platform for driving the enrichment of our community.
For all that to happen, we need to grow, and I am excited to be striving to create relationships between our company and more of the wonderful people who call greater Sacramento home.
In my other key role as a financial advisor, I honor my clients’ trust by getting to know them deeply and by fundamentally understanding their goals, challenges, and fears. Working together and communicating frankly, we build and stick with a plan that puts them in an ideal position to live the life they’ve imagined. Having an objective, compassionate confidante as your partner in making tough financial decisions during the turbulent, emotional times in life is perhaps the biggest reason why choosing Genovese Burford & Brothers is a very smart decision.
- Working with current business owners on reducing their tax liability.
- Helping business owners in transition to plan changes in their balance sheet in a tax sensitive manner.
- Asking good questions and listening to the answers.
- Having the tough and necessary conversations to get to the heart of the matter.
- Reading – I love new ideas and keeping up on the world, especially via The Economist. I discover new stories with books on disc during my commute from Folsom.
- Outdoor sports – As a former college football player, I like being outside. Now I spend my time golfing, skiing, and obstacle racing in the mud.
- Spending time with my family – My wife and I cook, our son and I swim and do Cub Scouts, and our daughter is just starting to discover the world.
- A.B. Cum Laude in Government, Citation in Spanish, Harvard University (2003)
- M.B.A., The Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2011)
- Certified Financial Planner (2017)
- 2014-Present, Genovese Burford & Brothers
- 2013 – Chief Operating Officer – Admail West, a Sacramento marketing agency. We spent a productive year building an online marketing capability to go with existing direct marketing.
- 2003-2012 – VP Sales/Bus. Unit Director – Serigraph Inc., a printing and molding manufacturer. I led the strategy, sales, and customer service functions, and we built a record of growth. With Serigraph, I spent two years in Mexico and seven in Milwaukee.
My Community Engagement
College Track of Sacramento – Local Advisory Board Member (2014-Present), Co-Chair Fundraising Committee
- Social Venture Partners of Sacramento – Partner (2014-Present)
- Cub Scout Pack 94 of Folsom – Co-Cubmaster and Co-Den Leader
- St. John Notre Dame School – Advisory Commission Member (2013-Present), Strategic Plan Execution Chair
GBB Advisors have clean regulatory records. Does yours? Click the BrokerCheck® link to find out.
*Not registered with Royal Alliance Associates, Inc. and Genovese Burford & Brothers Asset Management.