Jonathan Deeringer, CFP®, CFA
Financial Advisor/Co-Chief Investment Officer
I believe trust is earned over time by listening, providing thoughtful and relevant counsel, and empowering clients to make consistently good financial decisions. My mission is to help our clients achieve their financial goals. I believe this is best accomplished by taking the time upfront to construct sound financial plans, then designing disciplined, durable investment strategies that fit well with client objectives and risk tolerance. I am a firm believer in the “no free lunch” principle, and that patience, a touch of contrarian spirit, and a long-term perspective are very helpful when investing, particularly through volatile markets. In addition to providing independent investment advice, I take a holistic approach to the financial planning process, and my goal is to serve as a valuable resource to clients on all financial matters.
- Investment evaluation and analysis
- Asset allocation strategy
- Fixed income investments
- Wealth management for families and individuals
- Retirement planning
- Travel – learning about cultures other than my own
- Running, cycling & swimming
- Hiking and outdoor time with my three children
- B.A. in Political Economy of Industrial Societies & Spanish, University of California Berkeley (1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa, graduated with highest distinction and Spanish department honors
- M.B.A. in Finance, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (2004)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (2000)
- Certified Financial Planner
- 2014-Present, Genovese Burford & Brothers
- 2004-2014 – Capital Research & Management, Vice President and Investment Analyst, Fixed Income. Management responsibilities in American High Income Trust, Bond Fund of America, Capital Income Builder, and institutional client accounts, with direct responsibility for managing $1.2 billion in client assets.
- 1996-2002 – Franklin Templeton Investments, Portfolio Manager and Research Analyst, Fixed Income. Management responsibilities in emerging markets fixed income institutional accounts with assets in excess of $3bn.
GBB Advisors have clean regulatory records. Does yours? Click the BrokerCheck® link to find out.
*Not registered with Royal Alliance Associates, Inc. and Genovese Burford & Brothers Asset Management.